When you buy something from links on this page we may earn a commission. Learn More
Also known as Nike Tn, Fashion veteran Sean McDowell engulfed a unique addition to the Air Max industry in 1998.
The sneakers became a cultural phenomenon with their zealot makeover and transcending performance. Unlike the other members of the Air Max family, the TN Air Max Plus featured a few never occupied before manufacturing techniques in the history of sneakerdom.
The classic runners defined the Air Max era and redefined the brand with a high key category. The jaw-dropping silhouettes were ideally a challenge thrown at the project by one of their most overriding retailers – Foot Locker (FL).
Nike had presented more than a dozen designs incorporating some of the key elements. Sadly, they were all refused by FL. The nascent project required the cushioning technology to be evolved and the re-craft of the street beast. And that’s when Sean McDowell stepped into the Swoosh brand and made a breakthrough in Nike’s Air technology.
Let’s read through how the mastermind cracked the cult stature of the Nike Air Max Plus.
Sean McDowell made a huge mark in the history of Swoosh with his groundbreaking techniques and mastery skills. He was hired by Nike and was asked to create a design that would satisfy Foot Locker. The footwear retailer demanded Tuned Air in the cushioning technology to optimize the stability of the holder and minimize pressure on the heel. Mc Dowell had something the other Nike designers did not. He possessed a bag full of memories and a sketchbook of the sensational sunsets from Florida.
Before joining Nike, the young designer was spotted chilling on Florida beaches. When he hung out by the foreshore, the artist in him sprung. He sketched the sky tracing with shades of blue and the palm trees swiftly blowing in the wind. These beautiful memories remained in his mind and archives. And that’s how the TN Air Max Plus creation originated. The birth of TN was fancy and nautical. The inspiration was clearly seen in the making of the sneakers. The runners were covered with welded exoskeleton uppers and plastic inserts to exemplify palm trees.
Original Air Max Plus sketch by Sean McDowell, ©Nike
McDowell resumed sketching, and that’s how he derived the different colourways and sky versions. He began by naming his workings as ‘Sky Air’, and I am not surprised. Some of the silhouettes looked techy, some looked wavy, some looked geometric, and some just looked very dreamy. The man was definitely a genius, but for him, it was baptism by fire. He went through the hard way. He took the project with a grain of salt and did something splendid. Allow me to introduce the intricacies in the making of the subcultural sneakers.
Nike TN Air Max Plus is hot like lava. It’s different, it’s dazzling, and it’s decorative. Here are a few things which you may not have known about the sneakers.
Recommended Reading:Nike Air Jordan 1: A Complete Guide
Nike designer Sean MacDowell did something completely offbeat and outlandish. The character of Nike Tns Air Max Plus is different from the rest of the Nike family members in every way. Let’s see how the mastermind cracked what had been rejected sundry times before.
Let’s begin with the branding of the stunning sneakers. Swoosh has been one of the most acknowledged logos in the history of sneakers and fashion. Sean McDowell’s lack of experience in the company resulted in positive innovation. He was not provided with a logo template by the designing team. This resulted in Nike Swoosh looking slimmer and longer. The genius was surprised by the emergence of the TN logo; however, it later became a symbol of the shoe. Out of obligation, he threw the TN branding at the heel and the tongue of the sneakers. Eventually, it became one of the unique elements in Nike lore.
The shoe turned heads around for how the sole was redesigned or, should I say, reinvented. We are all aware of how the sportswear giant incorporated the Tuned Air technology for the first time. The distinctive sole, sure, grabbed all the attention along with the hues of colours. The palm tree stripes in the shank were added, pointing towards the airbag. This artful design drew more attention to the Tuned Air feature. The technology involved the use of two hemispheres in the air unit and the sole. This worked towards enhancing the user’s stability by minimizing the pressure on the heel.
McDowell was committed to emphasizing the top-down view. He incorporated the presence of the shank at the bottom of the sole and extended it to the midsole. This design created a separation in the air units and hence provided a recognizable look to the silhouette. The shark shoe was ideally emboldened from a whale’s tail. He aesthetically engraved the palm trees on the lateral and medial sides. Furthermore, the designer connected them on the top.
Of course, these dad-like sneakers were created for runners. Therefore, along with the design, it was important to focus on the technicality as well. McDowell embraced flex grooves through the forefoot and boosted the reflectivity on the sneakers. The reflective fabric lightened the weight of the sneakers.
Inspired by the beach, clouds and sky, Sean created the silhouettes based on a beach in Florida. Sounds strange, isn’t it? The highlight of the shoes was from a picture of a clear blue sky turning into dark blue and a high profile of the palm trees at sunset. The nautical inspiration can be seen in the sneaker uppers that are covered by a welded exoskeleton. Also, the flat tube is seen lacing to the inordinately aggressive wedged shape.
And, of course, the unrivalled Tuned Air cushioning technology created a storm in the sneaker dome. The shoes were an instant gratifier. The technology and the aggressive design swept off fashion moguls. The new lacing system, TN branding, sleeker Swoosh, thermoplastic vinyl exoskeleton and the upper gradient. The entire TN Air Max plus fabrication was a winner!
Recommended Reading:Nike Air Force 1: A Complete Guide
The chunky tns trainers have gained a cult-like following, and if you are not a part of it, you are missing out on something BIG. The feet of a sneaker hungry deserve a dip in the Nike TN Air Max Plus. And here’s why.
The Nike Tns Air Max Plus brought along a shed of features. The basic motive of doing so was to create unique footwear in the sneaker saga. But in the whilst, it also added to the comfort level exceptionally.
The most noteworthy alien-like exoskeleton feature covers the runner outer completely. The notable element helps the wearer make a statement and also achieve a great grip. This alone stole the heart of many Nike devotees.
The TN Air Max Plus took a completely different approach with the tuned air pods. The moulded rubber unit accommodated air bubbles and the hemisphere technology. Runners had never felt so protected before this. The half-spheres increased the cushioning at the forefoot.
The air bubbles took all the pressure to impart a comfiest and smoothest ride. Nike’s TN Air Max Plus features a solid and unconventional combination of Air system and Tuned technology to deliver stability like never before. These trainers can feel comfortable running on the roughest path, playing a sport or just walking around the town for hours. The Tuned Airbags can make you feel like you are walking on clouds. Well, if you are planning to run a marathon in them, you can give it a second thought.
Here comes the often asked question, is Nike Air Max Plus true to size? Let’s pause the upcoming wave of hype on the sizing. The lace-up sneakers are not true to size. They are roomier, they are generous, and they are sizable. The freaky design runs a bit bigger than usual. So, you have to be mindful about the size you grab onto. Pick half a size up to ensure they fit right. But if your feet are remarkably wide, indulge in one size bigger.
Recommended Reading: Nike Dunk: A Complete Guide
The Nike TN Air Max Plus is capable of revamping your shoedrobe and wardrobe. You can play along with colours and style like a boss. Although the shoes can make a fashion statement independently, teaming up with voguish and contemporary outfits can up your sneaker game.
We would love you to think out of the box. Pull out your pencil fit skirt with a long-sleeved blazer and a body hug fit t-shirt. This could be your winter staple or a quintessential party look. Accessorizing it will get better but only make sure not to overdo it. Something sleek and stylish works. The go-to outfit can be complemented with a mismatched oversized bag. You are going to walk out looking like a diva.
If being ‘folksy’ is your thing, the powerhouse footwear can add to your cool and refreshing attire. Style them with slim-cut jeans and a colossal sized t-shirt or a hoodie. Accessorize the summer staple attire with sunglasses and a scarf. Fancy pants are certainly a thing. But keeping your bottoms basic would work better. Let the focus be on your TN Air Max Plus and enjoy all the attention.
Here’s some good news, boys. You don’t have to do anything, and I mean anything. Wear your favourite pair of shorts, a basic t-shirt, socks (printed would be nice), and you are ready to paint the town red.
If you are looking to go fusion at work, these sneakers can work wonders for you. Stick to a black blazer and pants. An all-black attire with dope like refreshing colour washed sneakers is a killer combination. This prodigious draped outfit can impress anyone at work. But if being cosy is your style, wear a coordinated jogger suit with your astounding footwear. This basic ensemble will make you feel homely and stylish.
Recommended Reading: Nike Air Jordan 3: A Complete Guide
Clean your Air Max Plus just like you would clean any other Nike possession. Allow your trainers to shine and sparkle and remain fresh forever. It will only require a few minutes and a few implements.
The phenomenal sneakers can cost you a fortune. So, be as conscious as possible. Clean them with love and attentiveness.
Recommended Reading:Nike Air Jordan 4: A Complete Guide
Spotting the counterfeit Nike Air Max Tns involves a lot of details. But it’s not rocket science. Follow my simple guideline process. Don’t get caught by the fake ones.
1. Nike TN Air Max Plus Triple Black: If an arrest warrant would be released for being too stunning, it would definitely be this black beauty. It’s super black, super classy and super shiny. The bulky and curvy midsoles expose the air bubbles, which not only looks great but feels great too. The techy black pair allows you to speed up as much as you want without compromising responsiveness. It’s ideal for your winter run.
Best Feature: Versatile with outfits
2. Nike TN Air Max Plus Bleached Aqua Fierce Purple (W): The stunning Swoosh logo pops up in a soft shade to make a subtle and classy statement. The all-white construction fiercely flaunts bleached Aqua purple. The dope silos are iconic looking and feeling. The stretchy mesh construction lets your feet breathe for extended hours.
Best Feature: Enhanced Flexibility
3. Nike TN Air Max Plus Scream Green: The splendid looking sneakers are screaming out green graciously. The remixed colourway is a tribute to all the sneaker hoggers who are funky in the head. The sneaker uppers and midfoot shank are washed away with grooviness. The look is completed with sky blue hues, pared black grey caging and black n white detailing.
Best Feature: Swagger
4. Nike TN Air Max Plus OG Hyper Blue: The sneakers are calling out to all diehard enthusiasts for a sensational feel. The geometric footwear has a strictly blue upper with black accents. It flaunts a yellow Swoosh logo on the sidewalls and looks even more enthralling. These kicks let you be ahead of the fashion game and are one of the comfiest pairs you can own.
Best Feature: Water-resistant upper
Image Credit: lesitedelasneaker.com
5. Nike TN Air Max Plus The Shark (France): Air Max’s legendary model has been a fan favourite since its debut. The world-renowned silhouette is accented with jagged black lines and flaunts a tinge of colours from every corner. The highly hyped trainers were a great hit on Halloween but will do no less for Christmas. These dope sneakers promise never to provide a dull step.
Best Feature: Enhanced support
1. Nike TN Air Max Plus Tiffany Black Blue CV8838-400: The sneakers are fabulous and refreshing. Up your daily sneaker score with the soft and aquatic shades of blue along with pitch black overlays. The charmer is summer and winter wear. The blue takes over the mesh top with hints of black and a silver tongue tab. The Swoosh logo marks its territory in a silver shade, and the white laces do their job of looking outlandish.
Best Feature: High-quality construction
Resale Value: £ 241.65
2. Nike TN Air Max Plus White University Red DM8332-100: Draped in white with red accents, these Nike stunners are sure to grab your attention. The shiny leather fixtures, noticeable branding on the insole and Swoosh logo on both side walls has made waves for the right reasons. The red highlights on the tongue branding allow the sneakers to grab a place in your summer shoedrobe.
Best Feature: Classic sneaker
Resale Value: £ 129.00
3. Nike TN Air Max Plus 3 White Aquamarine DM2835-100: If you are a white sneaker lover, you are sure to go gushing over these dope sneakers. The colourway is striking, unique and drool-worthy. The gorgeous kicks let you style your summer outfit sophisticatedly. The Tuned Air is not just visible but also very light in weight. So, slip on these kicks and experience the comfiest footbed.
Best Feature: Lightweight
Resale Value: £ 199.00
4. Nike TN Air Max Plus Black Royal DM8331-001: These sneakers scream out royalty with every step you take. The colourway can complement any outfit of your choice. Regardless of how you style them, these kicks let you slay anything and everything. The rubber outsole imparts the right amount of grip and traction. Walk on a slippery track, and you know you are safe.
Best Feature: Lightweight
Resale Value: £ 199.00
5. Nike TN Air Max Plus Smoke Grey DJ6896-070: The breathtaking footwear can give your sneaker wardrobe a makeover with its colourway and aesthetics. The stunners will keep your feet cool and comfy as long as they are on your feet with their airy mesh. The sneaker structure is designed to provide magnificent traction along with grip and durability. So, the newfangled kicks will please you with their insane comfort.
Best Feature: Premium stability
Resale Value: £ 165.00
Owning a pair of Nike Air Max Plus is signifying the fashionista in you. Celebrities, Basketeers, Footballers and A-listers are now claiming to be sneaker influencers. From rappers to athletes, everyone seems to be drooling over the Tuned Air Max Plus. Sure, they are taking the sneaker game too seriously. Let’s get into the celebrity tales. You definitely can compete with them.
Famous rapper Youv Dee was chilling on a bright wintery afternoon wearing his Nike TN Air Max Plus OG Hyper sneakers. He posted a picture on his Instagram handle wearing black joggers and a winter jacket.
French rapper Gambi is often seen loving every member of the Nike TN Air Max Plus family. The Air Max TN looks like his favourite trainers. He wore an all-black with a furry jacket and his black beauty on the feet. He totally slew the look. We also spotted a picture on his Instagram wearing another member of the Air Max Plus in the same colourway. The man looks like a huge Nike fan. His socks and jersey flaunted the Swoosh logo as well.
Image Credit: Solecollector.com
Canadian rapper Aubrey Drake Graham wore his TN Air Max Plus ‘Bat’ with a bright orange sweatshirt and black joggers.
Kourtney Kardashian was spotted with Luka Sabbat in Los Angeles on a sunny afternoon. They got all the attention for the green juices in their hands and chunky white and green TN Air Max Plus sneakers on their feet. The star-turned mother of three, a gorgeous lady, wore a low key outfit and allowed her trainers to do the job. She was spotted in a ribbed white tank top and undimmed grey sweatpants.
Djadja has always been a sneaker trendsetter. He wore an all-grey suit with grey to black faded chunky sneakers. The fashionista accessorized his attire with a grey cap and looked quite colour coordinated.
Nike Air Max TN hasn’t gained as much popularity amongst the NBA players. We are figuring out the reason. Thabo Sefolosha stands out in the crowd by flaunting the kicks on and off the court. He finds them swaggy and comfortable. Rudy Gorbet is also a big Nike TN Air Max Plus fan but from the lifestyle perspective only. He prefers to keep the sneakers away when he’s on the court, but otherwise, he finds them awe-inspiring.
And lastly, not just a social media influencer but a big sneaker influencer too. Sofia Richie shows off her colourful Swoosh Plus kicks on her Instagram story. She beautifies the sneaker picture further with a drool-worthy emoji.
Recommended Reading: Air Jordan 5: A Complete Guide
The street style of Nike TN Air Max Plus lets you fuse your sneaker dom beautifully. And that’s a wrap to our complete Swoosh TN guide. Just like always, Nike never fails to gratify every sneaker junkie with its aesthetic appearance and comfort zone.
What’s stopping you from adding these coveted kicks to your roster? Stay in touch with Fast Sole to grab all the information first. Know about the TN Air Max Plus release dates and everything else about these stunners.
Copyright Fastsole 2023 |
All Rights Reserved |
Company Reg No. 10812528 |